Monday, May 7, 2007

wow... time flies...

Grettings from Seattle! I can't believe it has been a month since my last post. What a slacker!

I'm on the job here working at Microsoft AdCenter which is the advertising arm of MSN & Live.com (the new microsoft search engine and online platform). I've been on the team two weeks now and things are going very well. It is a time of a lot of opportunity, change and a bit of trepidation, but one thing I can tell you is that I can already see that I've got to have my "A" game here. I work with some REALLY SMART people on this team... I know it sounds corny but... I'm honored to be picked for it. The view from the office amazing too... just an unbelievable company and opportunity.

On the move front... I'm in the middle of a 2 week stretch where I'm living in a corporate apartment in Redmond... while Colleen and the kids hold down the fort at 224 Kenora Ct. We close on the sale of that house this week... and are in the closing process of our house up here this week and next. So... lots of tasks to get knocked out... utilities to shut down and turn on, etc. My car is late getting here as well... I've still got a rental... I'm supposed to get it tomorrow... we'll see.

We had a great going away party hosted by our friends the DeYoung's last weekend. It was for both of the softball teams I played on through Church. It was really special what they did for us... they will always be great friends.

Today I went to church up here at St. Margarets in Bellevue. It was a very good experience... different than Emmanuel in that the building is about 5 years old... but the people were very friendly... and were everywhere in their wonderful facility. The Priest In Charge is the father of one of our parishioners in Webster Groves... and was also very good friends with another of our friend's late father. He was great to listen to... and was very friendly on introduction, etc. Good experience. It is a little far from our new house... but... who knows.

It is late so I'll close. Hope all are well... and making plans to come see us soon.

cheers,
.bb

No comments: